Friday, October 07, 2011

Confessions of Absence.

I’ve been a very Naughty blogger!! It’s been about 2 months since my last confession….but… but I did it! I have been living onboard for about a month now! Enjoying the fruits of my labour! I accomplished what the blog set out to do, so I didn’t really know what more to blog about. Until I found more trinkets for the boat and figured I’d have to go on, just so I can show someone my beautiful finds!

I finished my bicycle too. Found some fun vintage looking accessories like my light, online, and my bell from ‘On 2 Wheels’ bike shop in Bourne End, Bucks. The chap here helped me out quite a bit in fixing out the bike with gears. Pretty hardcore stuff and actually came up with the solution to make the bike…do bike things like peddle. It’s been finished now for a couple of months but without the cratch cover I’ve had to keep it at home for security. In the mean time it’s been stolen by my mother on shopping trips – she likes it very much and when I eventually reclaim it I’m going to feel very guilty!

My job life has been going up and down with long periods of unemployment and short bursts of decent jobs… I never thought I’d say this but I’d like to just settle into a nice 9-5 that I can loose a couple of years in. Bizarre to feel this way, but in our current climate I doubt I’m the only one… Or maybe I am... just some oddball… hello?

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Hey Cous,

I've loved reading your blog about making your boat lovely! I love what you've done, its so pretty and amazing and beautiful! I'm sooo impressed!
Maybe you should become a boat renovation expert & make people pay you to do up their boats?! Or do another one and let it out for boating hols...

On the job front... I feel like you do. You are not alone!(though maybe its just a family thing and we're alone in feeling like this!!) I've had a part time job for 2 years, and found it hard to get second jobs. Your ma may have told you that I've been made redundant, so I am now sat on the sofa applying for... thats right, 9-5 jobs!!

Anywho, good luck in stuff and see you next month with your bro!

Francesca xxxxxxx

Post a Comment