Sunday, July 10, 2011

Frogs and fiddlings


I've been moaning a bit of late - work keeps getting in my way! Yesterday however I found out some shifts have been cleared so I've got 3 days straight with no work! Today I blitzed through a good deal of my 5 page 'List of things to be done pre-party' with some MAJOR help from the old man. It's clear sailing from here. So with shelves up, front bunks pretty much all wood-worked; I can get the paint brushes back out!

Oh and super excited - My tiles arrived! I've just gone for some plain cream tiles for the kitchen with a skinny green border for a bit of eye-candy. So I've got to do some 'you-tubing' on tiling techniques (if anyone has any pointers on tiling at an angle on the cabin side?)

The foam has been cut and the seamstress (Mum) is on the case. It's my birthday soon so all this parent labour is going down as 'early birthday presents'... still feeling very guilty about it! As soon as it's all done, though, I'll be outta their house/hair which I know they'll be relieved to hear.

It all feels so close to completion. On days like today, I feel so excited about the future. Ideas buzz around in my head, making plans. Then I take another gander at my 5 page 'list of things to be done pre-party'. These days it's become a 1 page 'Pre-party' list and a 4 page 'Some day I need to finish...'.
Everyone kept saying when you move onto a boat it's never 'finished', I can see now they're right- but that's why we love living on board- theres always something to faff with, fiddle with, or fix.







Photos; (top) a frog lamp my friend gave me for my last birthday complete with umbrella, (middle) the left-hand front bunk nearly finished. (bottom, left) Bedroom corner shelves for nik-naks and alarm clocks (bottom, right) Side corridor shelves ready for my colourful crockery.

No comments:

Post a Comment