Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Updates and pictures so far...

It's been such a long time since I've posted anything so I apologise! I've been working to make up a little money to cover the ongoing costs of doing the boat up, so working on the boat has had to fit in and around. I've had such a huge help from my Dad over the last couple of weeks and just last weekend his hard work arrived on Jamel. Two, custom-built, front bunks, complete with curved fancy facing and coal/wood boxes to store. I had the designs bumbling about in my head ever since I stepped on board but didn't really think through any of the engineering of it. Dad's somehow managed to decifer my mad ramblings and crazy scribbled drawings and produced the most lovely front seat/bunks. Now all thats needed is some filler and paint. I'm off to the foam man to get some thick bum foam, and then I need some thick hard wearing fabric that'll match or work with my cushion collection....


It's all coming together! I finished off the skirting yesterday and found myself a posh bin and a purple brita filter!! (it's the simple things in life!) The green curtains are looking pretty intense without all my other soft furnishings but they'll fit in fine when it's finished. I keep wanting to put pictures on the wall and bring my bedding but I can't jump the gun, I have to finish tiling and painting, and more wood work is needed. Kitchen tiles should arrive by the end of this week so I can cover up the gaping hole under the water heater with a tiled removable panel. Then it's 1)fireplace tiles...once I've made a decision on colour of brown...2) and a curved end panel with fireproofing for the end of the counters, 3)some more shelving in certain areas, 4)lights wired in properly 5)final coats of paint... and then mebby it'll be about done... it all seems like it's coming together now! exciting stuff.



The job so far; (left) the view from the front doors, (right) the bedroom pre-curtains.

1 comment:

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Hi, I have just come across your blog, love it! I have searched a long time to find a boaty blog like yours that is refreshingly different. I too have a boaty blog, and I love to see peoples ideas and designs for the interior of their boats. I think your improvements and design ideas are lovely. I am soon to completely change the interior of my boat, Nb Tickety Boo. I like you have a lot of ideas running around my head, but need to be a bit more brave to put my ideas in to practice. Your blog has given me the push I needed to do just that. Thank you! Please keep up with your posts, I can't wait to see what you do next!

Debbie.

Post a Comment