Friday, May 06, 2011

Getting Set...

It's been a few weeks since my last post but as soon as it gets a wee bit sunny I can't help myself. I have to spend every waking moment outside doing SOMETHING! ANYTHING! This beautiful weather won't last in the UK, so having the bicycle to work on has been a great excuse.

I rubbed it back with various grades of sandpaper and then 'Fertan'ed it's ass off. If you've never heard of this miracle rust converter I strongly recommend it!! 'Fertan' is a dark liquid brushed over the sanded rust which converts it to a solid, that you can sand and paint over. There are other chemical converters that do a similar job but what I love about 'Fertan' is that it doesn't leave a residue - you rinse off the stuff that isn't converted so you're just left with black ex-rust. Perfect.

Then I've been slapping on a couple of coats of paint every other day - to match the boat (Sad but I love it when everything matches). Also - I was going to paint 'Jamel', the boat name, on the side, but what do you think of roses in key places (just a few). Canalia is beautiful but would that be a bit much? Feedback would be great!

AND! The saddle arrived today much to my relief after a mix up with old addresses. Now all I need is Caliper brakes, a vintage looking 3-gear, gear changer, oh and some tyres!

As always my attention to the pretties has got in the way of practicalities.
Never mind... ONWARDS, I SAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment